The Big Island Hawaii is the largest island in the Hawaiian archipelago. This volcanic island is in the north of the Pacific Ocean, with an area of 10,430 square kilometers.
The eight islands are (from west to east): Ni’ihau, Kaua’i, O’ahu, Moloka’i, Lana’i, Kaho’olawe, Mau’i, and The Big island of Hawaii.
The island is formed from five slabs of volcanoes, some of which are still active. Even 35 kilometers to the southeast of the island there is the volcano under the sea known as Loihi. With this situation, earthquakes are common things happening on the island.
The big Island also has calm waters that become the place where the manta rays, large stingrays, whose body width can reach six meters. You will be taken diving by a guide shortly after the sun sets, then dive to a depth of 10 meters. Armed with a flashlight, you will witness firsthand how this big fish approaches.
Things to do in The Big Island Hawaii.
There are so many things to do in The Big Island Hawaii. Know it first before you go and explore the city like a real traveler.
The big Island Hawaii places of interest by Category:
- Golf = Makalei Golf Course.
- Airfield and helicopters = Bradshaw Army Airfield.
- Monument and Landmark = Mauna Kea Tea, Mauna Kea, Waipio Valley Lookout.
- Museums and art galleries = W. M. Keck Observatory.
- Tour destinations = Waihilau Waterfall, Mount Kilauea, Ka Lae Point, Pololu Valley Lookout.
- Beach = Kamilo Beach, Papakolea Beach, Akahu Bay, Kealakekua Bay.
- Shopping centers and areas = Hamakua Harvest Farmers Market.
- National Park = Kahaualea Sanctuary Area, Hiilawe Falls, Hilo protected Forest, Honuaula protected Forest, Kapapala Forest Reserve, Kau Forest Reserve, South Kona Forest Reserve, Puna Forest Reserve.
Read also: Best Hotels in Hawaii.
Hawaii Big Island Snorkeling and Devil Fish Watching Tour
- Travel to the lovely Hawaiian beach of Kona for its clear water dive.
- The Kona beach on the Big Island of Hawaii is considered the best place to see devil fish.
- Go for 45 minutes at dusk sunset for a truly unique dive.
- All snorkeling equipment is provided on site as well as light snacks.
Considered as one of the best diving locations in all of Hawaii, the Kona coast is the best location for the scenery attracting of rare deadly fishes. Red volcanoes will be easily seen in crystal clear waters along the coast, so take the camera for outstanding documentation. On this trip, you will meet the group at Honokohau Harbor and take a 20-minute boat ride to the Sheraton Keahoau. Enjoy a leisurely diving of about 45 minutes, and all essential equipment and snacks and drinks will be provided on site. You must be back at the port at 20.00 or 20.30.
Hawaii Big Island Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tour.
- Get a view of the entire island by helicopter adventure for 45 minutes or 120 minutes.
- Discover the beauty of Hawaii from a different point of view.
- See the crater, fly over the valley, drift over the falls, and see the blue ocean from the height.
- With high security standards and zero accident records, this activity is safe and suitable for all ages.
- A professional camera mounted on a helicopter record your excitement over the air. Your photos and videos can be purchased after landing.
Discover the beauty of Hawaii from a high-altitude helicopter adventure for 50 or 105 minutes. These thrilling flights will take you to the crater, volcano, waterfalls, valleys and beaches. From this top, you’ll see the good side of Hawaii’s natural beauty.
Read also: Travel to Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park.
Before taking the helicopter, make sure to watch the Security Guide video. After that, you’re ready to go. Fly over Hawaii’s Big Island and get ready to see the beautiful volcanic beauty and beaches. This is the best way to enjoy the Hawaiian beauty.